​​​​Q. Which courses must I take to satisfy my Continuing Education requirements?

As a licensee you must complete 15 credits of Continuing Education (CE) during each two year licensing period. All courses must be completed through a Provider Organization (Provider) approved by the New York State Department of Financial Services.
Courses are offered in either the classroom/speech/seminar method of instruction (indicated by an NYCR approval number) or the self-study (textbook or internet) method of instruction (indicated by an NYCS approval number). You are allowed to take any course that is approved for your specific class of license.

If you are a sublicensee on a corporate license, the CE requirement deadline is determined by the type of license:

Type​ Will Expire On:​
​Life Agent ​June 30 odd-numbered years
​Property/Casualty Agent ​June 30 even-numbered years
Property/Casualty Broker​ ​Oct. 31 even-numbered years
Life Broker​ ​Oct. 31 odd-numbered years
​Excess & Surplus Lines ​Oct. 31 even-numbered years


Per the New York Department of Financial Services, you can no longer receive CE credit for any course previously used for your license renewal (based on the course approval number).

As a benefit to members, IIABNY tracks all CE credits earned through IIABNY-sponsored seminars, including the course approval numbers.

View Your IIABNY CE Report List »


Other Helpful Links:

» Additional FAQs from the Department of Financial Services
» CE Requirements & Reciprocity with Other States

Need to Schedule an Exam?
If you are located in Central New York, IIABNY is a state-approved monitor for online and paper CE exams.
Call us at 800.962.7950 and press 3 for the Education Department to schedule your exam!

Search for another monitor »