Get your October content calendar started off right. These 10 ideas should spook you into creating social media posts for the whole month of October:
1. October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month – Have you adopted a shelter dog? If not, perhaps someone in your agency has. Share photos and stories of your favorite furry friends, or ask your followers to share their shelter dog photos and stories with you!
2. October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month
– Nearly all businesses are susceptible to a cyber-attack. Your followers who are business owners might not know that their general liability policy may not cover all risks. This article can help clarify how insurance helps protect businesses from cyber-attacks: https://www.trustedchoice.com/business-insurance/liability/cyber-risk/
4. October 9 – National Bring Your Teddy Bear to Work & School Day – Who wouldn’t love a day at work with a teddy bear? Take pictures; share your agency’s fun side!
6. October 26 – National Make a Difference Day – Encourage your followers to, or highlight a story or photo of a way your agency made a difference today!
7. October 31 – Halloween or All Hallows Eve – Will your office team dress up or hand out candy today? Make sure to share pictures!
What are you waiting for? Take any of these ideas and get posting! As always, if you have any other great topics that you would like to share, share them on our Facebook page. We’re sure other independent agents appreciate new ideas just as much as we do!
Ideas from the past are often inspiration for the future:
10 Content Ideas to Start your September Content Plan
Written by Lindsey Feiner for Project CAP
Get your fall content calendar started off right. These 10 ideas should jump-start your social media posts for the whole month of September:
September is National Courtesy Month – Set a goal to show your fans acts of courtesy throughout the month of September. This can easily grow from one post to one a week or more! You can get really creative with this one, or just post quotes and tips on how to live a more courteous existence.
September is Baby Safety Month –Baby safety is probably top of mind for a few of your fans. Share this article to help them baby proof their house, and suggest they give you a call to update their coverage if they have recently had an addition to the family.
September 1st – Labor Day – Most people are off of work, celebrating the last of summer vacations and the (hopefully) beautiful weather. Make sure you schedule a post celebrating the contributions your workers have make to the strength, prosperity and well-being of both your agency and the country!
September 8 – Grandparents Day – Few things are better than the love of a grandparent. Do any work in your agency? Sharing photos of them enjoying being a grandparent is always a treat! You could also consider sharing this link to our page on Senior Driving Insurance to keep all of those grandparents safe on the road: https://www.trustedchoice.com/car-insurance/personalized-auto-coverage/senior-citizens
September 11th - Patriot Day – Patriot day is observed in honor of the individuals who lost their lives as a result of the terrorist attacks against the United States that occurred in 2001. Flags should be displayed at Half-Staff and a tribute in the form of a tasteful photo or video on your social media accounts is a very appropriate idea.
September 21 – International Day of Peace – How will you celebrate? Make sure to share whatever you do with your followers!
September 22 – First day of Autumn – Share a photo of your agency enjoying the fall or if it doesn’t quite feel like fall yet, a photo of what is to come would be enjoyed by all (especially those suffering in the heat in September)
September 26 – National Good Neighbor Day – Encourage your followers to be a good neighbor, or highlight a story or photo of a way your agency was neighborly today!
Students are headed back to school –make sure students are prepared to get home safe and sound with this video on School Bus Safety: http://www2.iii.org/video/school-bus-safety.html
What cars are most likely to be stolen? Is your agency in a state in the top 10 for motor vehicle thefts? Find out that and more here (and then share with your fans!): http://www.iii.org/facts_statistics/auto-theft.html
What are you waiting for? Take any of these ideas and get posting! If you have any other great topics that you would like to share, share them on our Facebook page. We’re sure other independent agents appreciate new ideas just as much as we do!